I did it! I colored in the pinstripe girl on the roof that I had started at Sins of Steel two weeks ago. She sure is pretty now! I'll post pictures as soon as I get them, I forgot my camera again, LOL. I did some fun lettering on a couple of friend's cars, too, on the dashboards. It was a fun day!
Every year I am fully committed to my work on the carousel at the Henry Ford for the entire month of March. Sometimes the weather is good enough I can start in Jan, or February, but that's rare. Most years I work through March, and into April, especially if I am asked to paint a piece of farm equipment in addition to my work on the carousel. So I never schedule anything else for March, and tell callers that I will contact them mid April, once I wrap up at the musuem. I do all my carousel work in an unheated building, so you can understand why weather play such a big role in my scheduling. In spring and summer and fall I do all my pinstriping work outside in full sunlight - the best light!- and again, weather plays a crucial role in my scheduling. I simply can't schedule a pinstripe job one or two months out, since I have no way to precict what the weather will be like. I generally look at the forecast for the week, and schedule for a sunny day, leaving the next open just in cas...
Comments
Post a Comment